In 1926 residents J.A. Barnes, Minnie May Barnes and Cordin Barnes expressed thoughts toward God and friends. They made these thoughts a reality by legally deeding a sizeable piece of property in the Moultrie area of St. Augustine to the Ancient City Baptist Church. Ancient City Baptist Church was unable to use the property at the time so they placed a sign on the property that read “Future site of Moultrie Baptist Mission sponsored by Ancient City Baptist Church”.
In the early 1970's, the Baptist residents in the Moultrie area and the Saint Augustine Shores felt a real need for a church in their area.
In the spring of 1980, Mr. Jeff Brown, at the time a seminary student seeking a summer job, was sponsored by Calvary Baptist Church to survey the Baptist interests in the Moultrie and Saint Augustine Shores area. Mr. Brown invited all the residents to attend a mission service at 10:00 am on August 10, 1980 in the card room of the Saint Augustine Shores Riverview club. The first service was led by Mr. Brown while Ms. Theresa Franklin provided the music. The second service was led by Rev. Carl Franklin and then the third and those afterward were led by Rev. Bill Carmichael.
Pastors called to serve at Moultrie
1981-1982: Bill Carmichael
1982: Armando Silverilo
1982-1999: Micheal Mott
1999: Bob Anderson
2000-2002: Larry McCarty
2002: Clarence Hackett
2002-2004: Steve Smartt
2004-2005: Franz Cornellus
2006- 2016: Sanford Colley
2016-2017: Intrim Pastor: Asa Greear
2017-Current: Whitney Walters